UITP (International Association of Public Transport) India Office successfully concluded "UITP India Recognition 2017" at "Global Public Transport Summit" in Montreal, Canada on 15 May 2017. UITP received 25 outstanding applications were submitted from 9 cities in India by 13 organizations. All the entries represent great achievements of public transport sector in last two years. The list of all entries are available - List of entries from INDIA region.
Two (2) entries from India has been selected in the final round of UITP Global Awards 2017 - Chennai Metro Rail Limited and Metro One Operation Private Limited. During the UITP Summit, some Indian public transport stakeholders were recognised for their major achievements in the sector over the past two years. UITP India Office rewarded six companies for their efforts in different categories:
- Noida Metro Rail Corporation Limited for the project "Noida Greater Noida City Bus Service" - NMRC started city bus service in Noida and Greater Noida by introducing Low Floor Air-conditioned CNG buses. The project is on gross Cost contract model keeping in view the flexibility of route formation and operation
- KPIT Technologies Limited for the project "Helping India double its public transport usage with smart and green technologies" - KPIT is working with differnet state transport undertakings to provide smart bus solution including vehicle tracking, command center, on-bus intelligent transport and travel parttern mapping using mobile data. Further, it is working on retrofitment of existing fleet to full electric.
- Delhi Metro Rail Corproation Limited for the project "Enhance Customer Experience" - DMRC is currently carring around 3.0 million passenger per day. In order to improve customer satisfaction, the corproatino has taken many measures including additional coaches, remodeling of major stations, women coach, ticket vending machines, more fare collection gates, WiFi etc.
- L&T Metro Rail (Hyderabad) Limited for the project "Hyderabad Metro Rail" - Hyderabad Metro Rail is the world's largest Public-Private Partnership Metro rail project being implemented on Design, Built, Finance, Operate & Transfer Model. The project is including new technologies including usage of extensive Pre-cast construction methodology, Communication Based Train Controlled (CBTC) signaling system, Open loop AFC System, Common Signalling and Trains for all Corridors, MAXIMO Asset Management System etc.
- Kochi Metro Rail Limited for the project "EMV Smart Card based Automatic Fare Collection System" - KMRL has commissioned a bank to implement an open loop, EMV smart card based fare
collection mechanism for the Kochi Metro and extendable to other modes of public transportation systems. Financial institution is meeting the entire capital and maintenance expenditure forthe fare collection system and providing a royalty of around INR 20.8 milion to KMRL
- Karnataka State Road Transport Corporation for the project "Organised city bus services in small cities" - KSRTC has taken initiative to introduce city bus services in medium and small cities including 150 buses in Mysore City, and 62 buses operating in Tumkur, Hassan, Davangere, KGF, Kolar and Mandya
The ceremony was held on 15 May 2017 at UITP Stand. The ceremony was attended by all members from India, and was chaired by Mr. Masaki Ogata, Honorary President, UITP and President of UITP Asia-Pacific Division and Mr. Alain Flausch, Secretary General, UITP. UITP is honored to recognize some of these entries for UITP India Recognition 2017
Speech by Mr. Alain Flausch, Secretary General, UITP
NOIDA METRO RAIL CORPORATION LIMITED for the project "Noida Greater Noida City Bus Service" in the category of Public Transport Strategy
Mr. K. Ravinder Naik, MD, UPSRTC to receive on behalf of NMRC from Mr. Alain Flausch, Secretary General, UITP
KPIT TECHNOLOGIES LIMITED for the project "Helping India double its public transport usage with smart and green technologies" in the category of Public Transport Strategy
Mr. Kishor Patil, CEO, KPIT from Mr. Masaki Ogata, Honorary President, UITP and President of UITP Asia-Pacific Division
DELHI METRO RAIL CORPORATION LIMITED for the project "Enhance Customer Experience" in the category of Customer experience
Mr. KK Saberwal, Director – Finance, DMRC from Mr. Alain Flausch, Secretary General, UITP
L & T METRO RAIL (HYDERABAD) LIMITED for the project "Hyderabad Metro Rail" in the category of Operational and Technological Excellence
Mr. Eric Moinier, Managing Director, Keolis Hyderabad to receive on behalf of L&T Metro from Mr. Masaki Ogata, Honorary President, UITP and President of UITP Asia-Pacific Division
KOCHI METRO RAIL LIMITED for the project "EMV Smart Card based Automatic Fare Collection System" in the category of Smart Financing and Business Models
Mr. KK Saberwal, Director – Finance, DMRC to come to stage to receive on behalf of Kochi Metro from Mr. Alain Flausch, Secretary General, UITP
KARNATAKA STATE ROAD TRANSPORT CORPORATION for the project "Organized city bus services in Small Cities" in the category of Small Cities and Low Density Areas
Mr. S.R. Umashankar, Managing Director, KSRTC from Mr. Masaki Ogata, Honorary President, UITP and President of UITP Asia-Pacific Division
Votes of Thans by Jerome Pourbaix, Director of Regions, UITP
The next edition of UITP India Recognition 2019 will be held in "Global Public Transport Summit 2019" in Stockholm, Sweden.